Minutes of the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Techno293 Class Association
Venue – Cadiz, Spain.
Date – Thursday, 31st October 2019 Meeting started: 19:15
- Welcome and registration of voting delegates and email votes
Committee members present; Marc Cardon, Bruno Marques and Benoit Treguilly Delegates present; BRA, ESP, FRA, HKG, HUN, ITA, NED, POL, POR, SVK, TUN
Observers present: EST, GBR, JPN, OMA, PER, TUR
- Minutes of the previous meeting – any matters arising
No maters arising, reminder about the Class Rule changes approved in 2018.
- Chairman’s Report
Marc Cardon presented the presidential report, appreciating the work done by organizers of events and coaches.
- Financial Statement
Bruno Marques discussed the financial situation and challenges of the class, including possible future income.
- Class Rules & Championship Rules – no proposals
The proposals to amend the Championship Rules were discussed and unanimously approved by the delegates.
- Reducing the target time of a race to 20 min (other target times to be adjusted).
- Increasing the number of races per championship to 15
- Allowing the Class Representative to decide to increase the number of races in a day to 4 (only in extraordinary circumstances).
- Report on Equipment for the 2024 Olympic Games
Submissions to WS affecting windsurfing were presented. Windsurfing junior and youth pathway discussed.
- Report on the development of a Techno Foil Class
Benoit Treguilly from Tahe Outdoors confirmed that the company is fully committed to supporting the Techno293 OD Class, as a non-foiling pathway for young windsurfers.
A presentation of the Techno Foil equipment and concept followed, with information how the equipment may introduce children to foiling and foil racing in a fun environment, not replacing the Techno293.
- Future Championships and venues
The following 2020 Championships were discussed:
- Asian Championships, Mussanah Race Week, Oman, 27th February to 1st March;
- Europeans, YCPR, Marseille, France, 13th to 19th April;
- Worlds (T293), CST, Torbole, Garda, Italy, 24th to 31st
The 2020 Techno293 Plus Worlds were discussed. Organizers welcomed to bid for a July or August date. This event might also include the Techno Foil demo event.
Proposals for 2021 were named
- Any other business – raised by the delegates and observers
There was an agreement to introduce a new prize division for competitors under the age of 13 (inside the Junior U15 Class Division). Tahe Outdoors France agreed to provide prizes.
The matter of using kill cords (engine safety cut-out switches) was raised.
The matter of possible future venues for foiling events was raised – not to follow in sailing footsteps, but look for places known for wind.
The case of obligatory accommodation in the NoR was discussed. The option of shortening a regatta to 5 days of racing was discussed.